Wednesday 17 August 2011

CREATIVES


So as I mentioned before, I’m currently an intern for Schön! magazine. It’s a very visual magazine, and it prides itself in presenting the talents of the most creative people from around the world. Creative.

Now this is a concept that once I stumbled upon it a long time ago, I haven’t quite been able to shake. I picture myself in a suit and a 9-5, and a sincere shudder travels from the nape of my cranium to the tips of my toes. It just doesn’t seem to fit with the idea that I have of myself.

Now, when I read and research about designers and photographers and all of the creatives in between who have forged for themselves a credible and successful means of supporting their gorgeous lives, I can’t help but want to join the club. But where to start? Don’t get me wrong dear readers – I am not one of the idiot youth of our city who expect the world in exchange for zero work and effort. I’m fully aware that true success will not materialize until a great deal of hard work has first been entered into the equation. I’m eager to sweat and bleed into the road that leads me to my riches. But where does the road begin? Has it indeed even been forged yet? Will one more rhetorical question be overkill?

So frustration is the emotion of choice as I write to you this morning readers. General annoyance at the riddle that life seems to be taunting me with, and full-on annoyance at the answer that I’m sure is just on the brink of my consciousness.

But fear not – once I’ve worked it out you’ll be the first to know.

Pensive as ever, your friendly neighbourhood PensiveBuddha.

No comments:

Post a Comment