Wednesday 28 December 2011

THE BEST POLICY

“When I’m wrong, I say I’m wrong”. Yes, I’m quoting Baby’s dad from Dirty Dancing. Be that as it may, this is a perfect phrase for me, because it encapsulates exactly the way I see the world. I’m a pretty upfront person. If I like your dress, I’ll let you know. If you’re a bit of an arse, and you ask me how I feel about you – I’ll let you know that you’re a bit of an arse. And I welcome the very same responses. I genuinely feel that honesty is the way forward, to a beautiful and sweet smelling world. Call me green, but that’s just the way I feel.

It’s ambiguity and misconception and lies and pretence that encourage a frown on your friendly pensivebuddha’s face. I can’t stand it when there are a number of hurdles and barriers to the truth of a situation. But don’t get me wrong – I can handle the grand facade of the world and it’s actors. I’m not so naive that I can’t navigate through the BS. I’m just highlighting the fact that I’d get much fewer wrinkles if we could all just dispense of it. *waste of time*

All I’m saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment